Terms of Sale (May 2018)
“Us” “We” “Our” “Seller” Oh So Delicious
“You” “Buyer” “Customer” “Client” The person(s) or business buying the Goods
“Goods” Items supplied by the Seller to the Buyer
“Terms” Terms of Sale
- By placing an order with Oh So Delicious it is assumed the Buyer has read the Terms prior to purchase.
- You accept that these Terms may be modified or amended and posted on this website from time to time, without prior notice.
- Any variation on these Terms will not be effective unless agreed in writing.
- Acceptance of a quotation for Goods by the Buyer will be deemed to be an offer by the Buyer to purchase Goods from the Seller in line with these Terms.
- A legally binding contract is formed when the Buyer’s order is accepted by Oh So Delicious.
- Oh So Delicious Goods are made in an environment where nuts and nut products may be used and therefore our Goods may contain traces of nuts.
- Our Goods contain dairy products unless otherwise stated and are made in an environment where milk, eggs and dairy products are used.
- Oh So Delicious does not accept any responsibility for any illness/injury arising from non adherence to this health and safety information.
- Deposits & Payments
- A non refundable deposit is payable to temporarily secure a date, which can be held for a maximum of 3 weeks.
- A deposit of 50% or £20 (whichever is greater) is required for all confirmed orders (and is non-refundable/non-transferrable).
- deposit secures any available date for wedding bookings. £20 secures any available date for celebration cake bookings.
- Deposits are due within two week of consultation and final payments are due four weeks prior to your event.
- Payments can be made by:
- Personal Cheque
- Direct Transfer (account details provided on quotations and invoices)
- Debit/Credit Card (Visa, Visa Electron, MaterCard, Maestro, American Express, Apple Pay, Android Pay)
- Payment staging may be arranged at the discretion of Oh So Delicious
Payments may be made by:-
- Direct transfer – please contact for account details
Payment staging can be arranged at consultation phase.
Alterations to orders
Alterations to the original order must be confirmed in writing and may be subject to an additional charges. Late amendments to orders are understandable and every effort will be made to accommodate changes, but this cannot be guaranteed. Alterations to celebration cakes require two weeks notice. Alterations to wedding cakes require 4 weeks notice.
Cancellations of orders
In the event of cancellation, work already completed is chargeable. Please be aware this may be additional to any deposit paid following consultation. Cancellations within 2 weeks of the due date are payable in full.
In the unlikely event of “Os So Delicious” being unable to supply your cake due to circumstances beyond control, all payments will be refunded in full. As much notice as possible will be given. No further compensation will be awarded.
All hired items must returned in a clean and undamaged condition by agreed dates. Please return hired items by 12 noon on Monday following Saturday and Sunday events or the next working day for weekday weddings. Friday weddings require return on Saturday by 12 noon. A £5 daily charge will be incurred for late returns or extended hire. Security deposits are refundable in full if items are returned on time and undamaged. I do not return to venues to collect stands etc. free of charge. Where the Monday following a wedding is a Bank Holiday, return will be required on Tuesday.
Corrections and minor repairs to cakes, including inscription mistakes, can be corrected on the same day in most cases where such events are our own error and we ask that we are given the opportunity to correct such mistakes. The maximum refund we offer is the value of the cake and delivery. Further compensation is not available.
Collection and Delivery
- a) Customers are responsible for checking the cake at the time of collection/delivery, once the cake is received, Oh So Delicious will assume the customer is satisfied with the cake and we will not accept any further responsibility for the cake. It is your responsibility for any damage caused to the cake after you or your nominated recipient has received the cake, repairs or adjustments may incur additional charges.
- b) Please make sure that a contact person will always be available to contact prior delivery. If you have not arranged for someone at the delivery point to accept the cake, the cake will be deemed to be acceptable.
- c) If personal collection/ delivery is not possible, please ensure that the assigned order recipient or representative is fully aware and informed about your order description, including product care and storage instructions listed in this agreement. The assigned order recipient or representative will need to check your order carefully as been correct and in good order. Once The cake is collected by your assigned order recipient or representative, The order will be deemed as “accepted”.
- d) If the cake is to be left unattended at the venue, Oh So Delicious cannot be held responsible for any damage.
- e) In the event that the Oh So Delicious delivery vehicle becomes involved in an accident, and your cake gets damaged, we will provide you with a full refund that will include the cost of the cake and delivery fee. We will not be liable for any further charges.
- f) We would not be liable for any delays that are beyond our control, such as traffic jams, road closures due to festivals, accidents, road works, flight delays, airport closures or bad weather conditions nor are we liable for the cancellation of delivery due to severe weather conditions that would deem such delivery a danger to person or vehicle or where the police or relevant authority have advised that travel should not be attempted.
- g) Venue parking should be available for delivery. If unavailable, any parking fees above £10 will be charged to the customer.
- a) Cakes should always be stored in a cool dark place on a flat surface, in the box provided until required for display or to be eaten.
- b) Please do not store cakes in direct sunlight.
- c) Never put cakes in the fridge other than fresh dairy cream cakes.
Cake Shelf Life
Chocolate sponge and vanilla sponge cake will keep up to one week after delivery if uncut, but will be at their best for 2-3 days after delivery. All cakes are made to order.
Non Edible Cake decor/ structural support
Please note that there may be items on your cake which are not edible. Please ensure that all pillars, dowels, sugar flowers, picks, ribbons, candles and any other non edible items are removed from the cake before cutting and consuming. Be aware that sugar flowers may contain wires and non edible stamens and models and flowers may also contain beads or crystals.
We are not liable nor do we hold any responsibility for illness/injury arising from non adherence to these guidelines. If you are not cutting the cake yourself, please pass this information onto the cake handler.
Food & Nut Allergy Warning
Nuts: Please note oh So Delicious cakes are made in an environment where nuts and nut products may be used and therefore our cakes may contain traces of nuts.
Dairy products: Please note Oh So Delicious cakes contain dairy products unless otherwise stated and are made in an environment where milk, eggs and dairy products are used.
In adherence with the Data Protection Act, Oh So Delicious will not pass on your personal or credit or debit card details to any third party except where an additional security check may be deemed necessary. We may retain your personal details only for any future marketing and analysis of Oh So Delicious or to contact you to keep you up to date with any special offers/promotions that Oh So Delicious may offer.